Racing Live!

Massive Multiplayer Racing Game for the iPhone and iPod Touch!

Donegal's Kevin Cassidy defends comments made in book

Mr007

Respect : 5

Donegal's Kevin Cassidy defends comments made in book

Post by Mr007 on Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:29 am

Kevin Cassidy Kevin Cassidy was a key player for Donegal this year

Donegal All Star Kevin Cassidy says he did not reveal anything he believed was supposed to remain private in a recently-published GAA book.

Cassidy was dropped from the Donegal panel by manager Jim McGuinness because of his contribution to the book.

"I don't believe I revealed any secrets within the squad. Anything that I discussed had been said before the publication," explained Cassidy.

"It is with regret that it appears my inter-county career is over."

"Anything I talked about in the book was only my opinion on where Donegal were coming from, and how we needed to change to reach the heights we did.

"I never intended any disrespect to any opponents for Donegal people.

"I don't regret my part in the book, it was with total honesty that I approached it."

The Gweedore clubman's departure on Tuesday followed a meeting with the team management.

It is believed Donegal were unhappy with comments made by Cassidy about the team in the book.

Cassidy scored the winning point in the dramatic All-Ireland quarter-final win over Kildare in July.

Donegal's run in the championship ended with defeat to eventual champions Dublin at the semi-final stage.

The versatile Cassidy, who has played in defence and midfield, won his first All Star in 2002 after Donegal reached the Ulster final.

Impressive displays this year, which included his match-winning point against Kildare, earned him a second All Star award.

"Our achievements this year were incredible and the times we shared will stay with me forever," outlined Cassidy.

Sprit
    κατασκευη ιστοσελιδων

Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:46 pm